Business Plan Guidelines
Semi-finalists in each track will be invited to submit hard copies of their full plans to the Rhode Island Business Plan Competition.
Writing a business plan is an involved process that requires a lot of time. We strongly suggest that applicants work on their full plan in advance of completing their application, and then use information from their plan to complete their application. This makes the application easier to complete.
Please adhere to the following guidelines.
- Plans should be printed in 12-point Times Roman font on white paper, using 1-inch margins on all four margins. Any graphics, tables or charts should be electronically pasted in place.
- Limit your plan to 30 pages, including cover page, appendices, and exhibits.
- Plans should be bound by a staple in the top left corner; do not enclose in 3-ring binders, plastic covers, wire-O binders, etc.
- Mark your business plan “Confidential.” See the section on Protection of Intellectual Property.
- The following sections are recommended: