Elevator Pitch Contest
Date: November 1, 2017
Time: 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Place: 166-188 Valley St., Building 3, Providence, RI (Tech Collective office) PDF
Join established and aspiring entrepreneurs at the twelfth annual Rhode Island Elevator Pitch Contest and earn a chance to win cash prizes. A total of $1,000 will be awarded to top presenters.
Presenters will describe their business ideas in 90 seconds to a panel of expert judges and get immediate feedback. Judges are:
- David Bedard, President, CompNet Insurance Solutions
- Todd Knapp, CEO, Envision Technology Advisors
- Cynthia Reed, ICEO Advisor-Rhode Island
- Barbara Schoenfeld, Managing Director, Saffron, LLC
- Dan Sullivan, Senior Account Executive, Salesforce
This is a great opportunity to practice your pitch in front of a live audience and receive constructive advice from people who have built successful businesses.
Here's what an effective pitch should cover:
- The problem you are trying to solve
- Your proposed solution
- How your idea will make money
- Why you are qualified to implement the solution
TO MAKE A PITCH, you must be at least 18 years of age and MUST complete this PITCH APPLICATION and submit it by 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 27, 2017.
Not pitching, but want to watch and learn? You're invited! Free and open to the public, but pre-registration is required. (If you applied to make a pitch, you are automatically registered to attend.) REGISTER NOW.
See where 166-188 Valley St. is on this map . Plenty of free parking is available.